Everyone loves a good cocktail party. Specialty cocktails and martinis and a variety of wines is always special. Passed hors d’oeuvres is a nice touch with a few stationary items.
A ladies soiree is always fun. It puts everyone into the spirit of Christmas and the holidays, as we share good food, cheer and friendship. I try to make it different, versatile and easy to prepare in advance, so that I can enjoy my guests. Presentation of the food, the setting and the people make a beautiful combination. This year I had 22 ladies for cocktails, how d'oeuvres & dessert. Bringing together my different groups of lady friends is always interesting and truly special. It was a wonderful evening and from what I have been told, it set the stage for good spirit during the holidays. Thank you ladies for being a part of my life in so many ways!
My menu this year was:
· Charcuterie board with soppresata, Sicilian salami, prosciutto, parmagiano cheese, gorgonzola, St Andre cheese and a balsamic hard cheese. Olives, nuts,
assorted crackers and breads
· Sushi – Peanut avocado rolls, Mango avocado rolls, Spicy tuna and Salmon rolls
Always include rolls with vegetables and no fish, for those who don’t prefer raw fish
Passed Hors d’oeuvres:
· Orecchiette & broccoli rabe
· Grilled Chicken, sundried tomatoes & feta
· Mozzarella Carozza (mozzarella sandwich, dipped in egg and fried), served with
a lemon, dijon, white wine sauce
· Roasted Brussel sprouts & butternut squash with pepitas & craisins
· Tortellini on a skewer (light cream, shallots & truffle oil sauce)
· Vastedda – sausage meat, ricotta & mozzarella slider
· Angry Shrimp & lobster with peppers, garlic, parsley & red pepper flakes
You can order on Amazon mini clear plastic cups to serve some of these apps with
mini spoons & forks. Nice presentation and simple for cleanup.
Hope you enjoyed a beautiful holiday season with your loved ones. May 2023 bring you good health, joy and lots of love! It’s never too late to have a cocktail party. Think out of the box, make your lists, be organized and you will enjoy a wonderful time with your friends and family. Food and cheer warms peoples hearts!!!
Any questions, you can always email me. email@example.com